25 July 2006

A (theoretical) situation map


This is how I view the situation right now. Hard to say what is really going on though. The casualty reports seem to be too low for any kind of hard fighting. It is also difficult to figure out the strengths on either side. For all I know the Israelis could consist of a handfull of companies facing off against several dispersed teams of Hizbollah fighters. There has been no news of any other towns involved in the fighting either. For now it seems both Hizbollah and the Israeli's are content to fight each other at arms length.

Quick update:

According to the Jerusalem Post here, the IDF now controls Bint Jbail. Lots of interesting information about what they have found as well. I'll see if I can comment on things a little more thoroughly later.

2 comments:

Fabio said...

Now it's reported that Bent Jbail has been taken by the IDF. Yes, a cautious, slow advance.

xwraith said...

I should stop sleeping and working, all the news seems to come out when I'm doing either. I'll throw in a quick update to the blog here in a second.